Not everybody has programming knowledge. So, how can a person build website pages without having coding knowledge? The answers are page builders.
There is a solution to every problem in WordPress. That’s why WordPress comprises nearly 35% of all content management systems worldwide.
We’ve listed the best page builders in WordPress. With these page builders, you can design and build beautiful websites as you imagined in your mind.
Elementor is drag-and-drop builder and it has both free and paid versions. You can create an engaging page easily by installing Elementor builder. It is the most popular and best builder in the WordPress community. Even the free version of Elementor Builder has 5+ million active installations in WordPress.
If you only need to build the page with simple design, layout, and content, the free version should be enough for you.
But, you will have to get the Pro version if you want headers and footers edited, contact form, Testimonials, popups, ready-made templates, 404 pages, etc.
- Drag and Drop
- 300+ Designer Made Templates and 100+ Widgets
- Developers can develop unique add-ons and seamlessly integrate with the Elementor page builder.
- Save customized elements for future use
- Automatic save and backup of pages.
Elementor offers 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with the plugin.
- 1 Pro Website Activation – USD 49/Year
- 3 Pro Website Activations – USD 89/Year
- 25 Pro Website Activations – USD 159/Year
- 1000 Pro Website Activations – USD 279/Year
Beaver Builder is undoubtedly a user-friendly drag-and-drop builder with an adequate library of page templates to select the page design and implement it immediately.
It is a full front-end editor, which works with most themes. A single license can be used on unlimited sites, though it should be mentioned that it has to be renewed annually.
One of the cons of Beaver Builder is that different add-ons have to be purchased separately for features like exporting and importing templates and design assets to the cloud, creating layouts for archive pages, 404, headers and footers, etc.
- Assistant Pro: The ultimate package costing $410 has Assistant Pro lets you export, import, and save page builder templates and other design assets to the cloud.
- Beaver Themer Add-On: Beaver Themer lets you create layouts for archive pages, template an entire post type, 404 and search pages, and create parts like headers and footers. Field connections allow you to connect your layouts to the data inside each type of template.
- Beaver Builder Theme: Beaver Builder Theme enables the users to live preview any of the theme setting changes. It is possible because the builder adopts WordPress Customizer for all of the theme settings.
#Difference between Beaver Page Builder, and Beaver Themer
a. Beaver Page Builder – single page builder
b. Beaver Themer – Add-on of Page Builder to create a template and apply to multiple posts, products, or custom post types
- $75 for unlimited sites and 1 year support
- $150 for standard package + Beaver Builder Theme and Multisite Capable
- $300 for Pro package + Multisite Network settings and White Labelling
Many WordPress users complain about Divi Builder being bloated and slow but that does not stop it from being a popular builder in WordPress. You can manage the layout with rows and columns while managing the content with different modules like ‘image’, contact form, pricing table, text, carousel, etc. Each module has granular settings where you can control the features, styling, etc.
You can save rows, columns, and modules and apply them across all your other pages, and sites with the cloud settings. You can also generate Global CSS Classes and assign the classes to any element across the page.
a. Drag and Drop builder
b. 40+ modules such as testimonials, sliders, contact form, galleries, etc.
c. 100+ pre-built templates
d. Global elements and style to implement across different websites through Divi Cloud
e. Custom Code in the element module
- Yearly plan: USD 89/year on unlimited sites
- Lifetime plan: USD 249 on unlimited sites
Besides, you will get access to Email Opt-In and Lead Generation plugin – Bloom, Magazine Theme – Extra, Flagship Theme – Divi, and Social Media Sharing Plugin – Monarch.
Oxygen is a visual editor that allows you to design your entire site from header to footers. You can create and edit templates, and reuse them on other pages. It includes 800+ Google Fonts and 500 SVG icons from FontAwesome and Linearicon.
Oxygen builder disables the WordPress theme, so any styles and layouts won’t be applied until Oxygen is active. You can write custom code to add additonal functionalities.
a. Integrations with Advanced Custom Fields and Toolset.
b. Import/export designs to other WordPress sites using Oxygen.
c. Integration with Gutenberg
- USD 129 one-time fee for unlimited license
- USD 149 one-time fee for unlimited license, WooCommerce Integration, and Gutenberg Block Builder
- USD 149 for Oxygen Basic package + 1 Year license to Breakdance builder
WP Page Builder is another drag-and-drop builder where you can build website from front-end directly. You can download the free version plugin from Themeum and upload it to your website to try it. Then, you can upgrade to the pro version.
- Real-time live editing
- Library system to store your own design block and use them anywhere on any page of your site.
- Extensive library of readymade page layouts and blocks
- Widget support
- $39/Year for 1 site license and 1 installation service
- $59/Year for 5 site licenses and 2 free installation services
- $99/Year for unlimited licenses and 5 free installation services
WPBakery (previously called Visual Composer) is one of the oldest page builders in WordPress. While robust, it lacks the customizability, and features you get with other builders like Elementor Pro, or even Divi.
In WPBaker, you can build inner rows and columns into the row and column. This way you can add more elements in the same row. You can divide the column layout in the row by using fractions. Eg:- ½ + ½ or ⅓+⅔, or ⅓ +⅓+⅓.
a. Works with most WordPress Themes
b. Cheaper option
c. Define brand color, padding stylings, fonts, etc with page builder that will be applied across the site.
- $56 one-time fee for use on a single site
Bricks is a WordPress theme that has its native builder. It uses Vue.JS which allows the builder to load very fast. The advantage of buying Bricks Builder is that you can use it for a lifetime. You can customize the design of elements with CSS. There is no free version of Bricks. Bricks builder saves your work automatically every 60 seconds. You can change the interval or disable it.
a. Full-site editing: Design every part of your website including your Header and Footer
b. Dynamic data: Use dynamic data for custom post types from popular WordPress custom fields like Advanced Custom Fields, Meta box, Pods, and more.
c. Create your own templates: You can create your own templates, save them, and import and export the templates on any site.
d. Keyboard shortcuts: Keyboard shortcuts really save time and speed up your workflow.
3. Control Builder Access: Define builder access levels for every user role or individual user. Choose between no access, content edits only, or full access.
- USD 99 lifetime license for 1 live site
- USD 249 lifetime license for unlimited sites
Gutenberg is a default page builder you get with every WordPress CMS installation. While the builder was a lot unstable and had limited functionalities, it has become more robust now. The best part is that it’s free. If you don’t want to spend on page builders and your website is focused on content, you can get by with Gutenberg builder.
a. Block Editor
c. Comes by default in WordPress
d. Primary focus is content creation, rather than website design.
b. HTML Anchor Support
- Free and default in WordPress
If you only have to put content and don’t need fancy page design and functions, we recommend sticking with Gutenberg. It is not high-end but it takes less resources and free. It comes by default now in WordPress.
If you need to have more functionalities and are ready to make payments, Elementor Pro is a no-brainer. As of now, Elementor Pro is the best builder for WordPress