Websites are more vulnerable than we realize almost 30,000 websites get hacked every day and end up losing all their valuable data. Not only this, there are so many parts that cause you to lose the data, like a server crash. So, to safely execute our website and work online, we must have backup files that you can do an automatic or manual backup.
With backups, we will be able to restore and migrate the important things on our website. Similarly, we have the option to automatic backups as per your chosen schedule and store the backups on cloud-based storage which differs by the plugins you select.
All these things might seem like a lot of work. However, with the help of some powerful Backup WordPress Plugins, it’s a piece of cake. The WordPress plugins we have mentioned here are proven to produce a positive output as well as to be beginner-friendly.
Top 8 Best Backup Restore WordPress plugins
The list below contains those plugins which are free as well as have a pro version and others required to pay. In any event, they offer the best features and are completely worth the money you paid for.
UpdraftPlus is the most popular backup plugin with over 3 million active installations. It is a highly reliable backup plugin. When it comes to features, it offers a lot of features in the free version.
You can connect with many cloud-based storage services and schedule your backup with plenty of timing options, however, with the premium option you can migrate and clone your website as well as create more complex backup schedules.
- Easy way to backup the data.
- You can create an automatic backup schedule.
- Send the backups to the remote storage.
- Easily restore the backups
- For premium: You can backup unlimited files and additional databases.
- For premium: Encrypt the data and easy migration.
Its premium plan starts at $70 per year.
It is a highly-rated backup plugin with 700,000 plus active installs. It creates backup jobs and you can schedule them so that the plugin will automatically do its work. You have the option to upload your backups to cloud services.
In the premium version, you can get features like automatic restore, and database backup. Migration, premium support, etc
- You can set up an automatic backup with a few clicks.
- You can store the backups on remote storage like google drive, dropbox, etc.
- Full control of your backups.
- You can backup databases and files.
- For Premium: You can restore your backups.
- For Premium: Encrypt backup archives.
Its premium plan starts at $69 per year.
BlogVault is the most reliable incremental WordPress backup plugin with over 100,000 active installs. It comes with a free staging environment meaning you can clone your site residing in the plugin’s server.
This plugin is very useful from one-click staging to perfect migrations to complete website management and a white label solution.
- Multi-site backup support.
- It backs up your WordPress database and files.
- Restoring a website is easily done.
- You can migrate and clone your website easily.
- Incremental automatic backups will be fast.
- You can custom-schedule your WordPress backups.
You can get a 7-day free trial with this plugin. Its plan starts at $89 per year.
The BackupBuddy backup plugin has been in the WordPress industry since 2010. On its website, it claims to have been used by over 1 million WordPress sites. This plugin comes with a 30-day refund policy. If it does not work, you can get your money back. It covers all the important elements in one single plugin.
With BackupBuddy, you can completely back up your site, schedule automatic backups, and easily restore your WordPress website.
- Complete WordPress website backup.
- Scheduled, automatic backup.
- You can store backups off-site.
- Restore your website easily and quickly.
- There are downloadable backup zip files.
- Customizable backup contents.
Its premium plan starts at $99 per year.
WPvivid Backup plugin has active installations of 200,000+. It’s easy to use and you can choose exactly what to backup. It also includes several remote storage options. You can schedule when to back up.
This plugin also features a basic migration tool. It allows you to download and store backups on your cloud-based storage.
- The backup and migration can be easily done.
- Create staging sites and push staging to live sites.
- Database backups encryption.
- Compatible with many themes and page builders
- Cloud storage support
- Incremental backups
Its premium plan starts at $29 per year.
Duplicator is the most powerful migrator available with over 1 million active installations. It creates a package that bundles all the site’s plugins, themes, content, database, and WP files into a simple zip file that can be used to migrate the site to any location easily.
The Pro version of the duplicator comes with many additional features.
- It enables you to migrate a website with zero downtime.
- Manually backup a site.
- Bundle up an entire WordPress site for easy reuse.
- Transfer a WordPress site from one host to another.
- For Pro: Multi-threaded to support large websites and databases.
- For Pro: Scheduled backups and cloud storage.
Its premium plan starts at $49.50 per year.
WP Database Backup plugin helps you create a Database backup and restore Database Backup easily. It has active installations of 50,000+. You can either do manual or automated database backups and also store database backups.
- You can create a database backup.
- You can back up automatically on a repeating schedule.
- You can restore the database backups.
- It stores database backups on remote storage.
- It is easy to install.
- Save the database backup file in zip format.
Its premium plan starts at $39 per year.
You can schedule automatic backups and specify the exact time to create a backup. You will also get a simple migration feature in the free version. It has active installations of over 60,000.
The free version is limited to backups of 2GB in size, so for the unlimited size you might need the premium version.
- It has a high backup speed.
- Automatic backup.
- You can quickly migrate your site.
- Restoring of the local backups.
- You can control exactly which files to store.
- For Premium: you can create backups of any size.
Its premium plan starts at $19.69 for 6 months.
Therefore, with this article, we have completed the description of the basic features of the top 8 backups restore WordPress plugins. As you can see, different plugins provide different features. You can choose any one of them for your site according to your needs.
Each of the plugins provides the best qualities, some have been in the market for a longer period and some are new and already competing with the established backup restore WordPress plugins. Either way, most of the plugins we have mentioned here provide the best features, are flexible, and are reliable.
You can try out different plugins and choose whichever fits you the best. That would be all in this blog post. We hope you liked our article on the best WordPress backup plugins and found it helpful.